domingo, 19 de abril de 2009

About puzzles


During the Easter vacation I found a very relaxing and entertaining activity: making puzzles.
Three weeks ago, I was walking around Barcelona,  down the street  Diputació I saw a puzzles shop called Puzzlemania . The store is small but well used,it is full of puzzles of all shapes and sizes. You can find three-dimensional puzzles, spherical, miniature puzzles with tiny pieces, puzzles with 20 pieces  or puzzles up to 12000 pieces!They have another interesting service, you can bring them a picture and they  create a puzzle with it.
The fact is that I decided  to buy a 3000 piece puzzle of New York. The puzzle is a photo of the  New York skyline by night. I must admit that when you open the puzzle box and you see a bag with the 3000 pieces all together  you feel a little afraid.  Making a puzzle requires a  detailed methodology. The first step is to find all the pieces that make up the outline of the puzzle. The second step is to find the  pieces that correspond to the buildings of the sky line. And finally, the most difficult step , you have to make up the sky. This is the most difficult part because you need to know to separate the pieces in groups of  color tones and all the pieces seem to be the same color.
I encourage you to make a puzzle,  it is relaxing and it makes you forget everything  when you are working on it. You will live the magic experience of setting a beautiful image from a lot of pieces that at first  seem to have no sense.

3 comentarios:

Nuria Vidal dijo...

GOOD PIECE OF ADVICE! I'll certainly try to follow.

See my personal advice to your language:

-During THE Easter vacation
-The store is small but well used, IT is full of puzzles
-I must ADMIT that...
-

Sand in my shoes dijo...

My familly loves making puzzles! All my house is full of puzzles. I like doing puzzles a little bit but I'm not as enthusiastic as they are. I'm sorry, I don't have patience for this activity.

ALOUCA dijo...

Years ago I made some puzzles. I agree with you. It was a relaxing and entertaining activity but you must be a patient person. I can explain you another aspect of this actitivy. If when you finish the puzzle you like it a lot you can frame it. I did it with a puzlle, that is a reproduction of a picture by Alfons Mucha, an czech artist and the final result was very beautiful.